SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

nothing changes

wild_thing
14 years ago

So SD has been in counseling for around 3 months or something. During that time she has been saying she is trying, etc. What they are focusing on right now is her grades. She is trying to get her F's and D's up to at least C's. She tells us she has been working hard, blah blah blah.

I was looking at my son's grades and assignments on parent connect the other day, and checked my SD's while I was at it. Well, I will give her credit for raising the F's to D's so far. But in her history class there are assignments that she didn't even turn in. One very important one for example, that was worth 100 points. It was a project.

She says she just didn't want to do it because it was too boring. Then the next day in counseling she changes her story and says that she didn't understand it. That is always her EXCUSE. It was just a freaking report she had to do! On one person. What is there to not understand?! Unless you just flat didn't read it.

Then she was doing a paper for English, and I noticed that she was using her book an awful lot. I asked what the assignment was, and read what she was going to turn in. OMG!!!

She said she had to have a one page report on the book. OK......but her one page consisted on nothing but quotes out of the book, written in huge lettering. @@ WTF?!!

This is her "trying".

This just proves my whole point that she is just flat out lazy, and is getting F's because she just won't do the work. Which is what her counselor even told her, that F's mean you just are not doing the work period.

I don't know. She is the weirdest teenage I have ever encountered and that says a lot coming from me!

I have never met a teen who had no interests, no friends, no ambition, no goals, no personality, no nothing. It is such a strange and bizarre thing.

She keeps saying she has all these friends and yet, she doesn't do anything with anyone.

Her dad told her to invite a friend over at least once a week, she won't even do that.

Yet she gets totally pissed when you suggest she has no friends. Sorry if the truth hurts.

She made a huge deal out of her 16th birthday and supposedly invited her friends, and no one showed up. Her original idea was to get a hotel room. WTF?

I just do not get this girl. AT ALL!

She is disturbed is all I can say. She has issues upon issues upon issues and it is just crazy.

She lies like she breathes. It is just no big deal to her. Doesn't bother her in the least.

I am thinking that on top of her Victim mentality, she also seems to give up very easily if she tries at all. We have found that whenever she thinks something is hard (or too much work is another way to put it) then she just quits and doesn't do anything. Such a lazy way to approach things, and life.

It is almost sickening to me the way she is. I just don't get it. I am sick of trying to understand something that makes no sense and lacks even the most common sense.

The whole situation is like Chinese water torture for me.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Comments (5)