Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vacation ....

Posted by pseudo_mom (My Page) on
Thu, May 2, 13 at 12:08

Hubby and I are going on a 10 day road trip ... soon :)

He has split week visitation now .... they are here wed to sat and at mom's sat to wed ... 50/50 basically. We are leaving on a saturday and returning the following wed soooo Mom is having a fit because she doesn't understand why we aren't allowing the kids to come here while we are gone its not that we are not letting them come here just no adults will be here I have someone coming in to feed the animals but no one is staying here so if the kids come here they will be unsupervised ... she is apparently ok with that becasue she doesn't feel us going on vacation should interfer with her life ...

So hubby called mom last night and said well 2 of the 3 can stay here while we are gone the whole time and the 3rd can come on the required days .... we'll tell the pet sitter not to come because the kids will be here have to shop for meals they kids can make on their own ....

It just amazes me that the 3 extra days they would be with her are going to interfer with her life ... and that she would rather her 14, 15 and 17 yo children be left unsupervised than actually take some responsibility for HER children .... hubby also told her next time she goes on vacation they will also be going to her house on "required days"

the kids think she's "stupid" and would rather be here anyway but that mom tells them they are required to spend time with her but not too much hahahaha ....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vacation ....

No matter what their mother or you or I or anybody thinks, there are just too many disasters that can happen.

If he has to negotiate with his ex, he can keep the children 10 days in a row when he gets back.

I remember how it felt to be a kid & then a teen ("teen" being another word for "young person whose nerve endings stick out all over her body, causing horrible sensitivity"), & hearing that this mother wants to ditch her kids even if it increases the risks to their safety makes me see red.

Imagine being the children who know that their mother wants to get rid of them so she won't have to live with them for 10 days in a row.

o
RE: vacation ....

Pfff how petty can she be? It is sad to see people become so inflexible that they can only worry about rights and entitlements and following orders to the letter etc etc. It's nothing to do with the kids or their best interest anymore :-(

So how are things going with the skids anyway? Sounds like you are in a better place than you were a few years ago. Enjoy your trip!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here