Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this suspicious?

Posted by lovehadley (My Page) on
Mon, May 25, 09 at 12:05

Maybe I am just being paranoid...but get this...

BM's eval. is set up for this week. DH knew about it because BM had told him.

He got a letter in the mail last week--it was from his attorney, but it was just a forwarded letter from BM's attorney.

In it, BM's attorney asks DH to call the number provided to set up payment arrangements for BM's evaluation. It says if he does not pay by ___ date, BM will not be able to go to her evaluation.

So DH calls the number and gets a weird recording. It is one of those automated recordings that says you have reached 123-4567, please leave a message.

Immediately, DH and I were suspicious b/c this is a TREATMENT CENTER and you would think the voicemail would give the facility's name, right?

Nonetheless, DH left a message and waited. Two days later, he had still not heard, so he called again and got the same automated recording.

At that point, I said maybe there is a different number to call--I looked up the treatment center on google and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, BM's attorney gave DH the WRONG phone number.

The prefix she gave was 575 and the CORRECT prefix is 757.

NOW--it could totally be a typo but it just seems awfully coincidental.

Anyway, all is fine now b/c DH has the correct number...

BUT it makes me wonder, you know?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this suspicious?

I can see why you'd wonder --

And I remember in one of your earlier posts, you said that this time BM got herself a much better lawyer...

I'd bring this 'typo' to the attention of your own lawyer so he knows what he's up against.

o

Sweeby's right. Tell your lawyer, and keep the one she sent you, so that you can show that she's not giving you correct information (if it ever becomes an issue in court).

And, I'd bet that if it was done on purpose, she's hoppin' mad that you outsmarted her!!
(Let's hope it was an accident though)

o

save it and show it in court, great evidence of this lawyer covering up for his client.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here