SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

Hire SD, Yay or Nay?

lamom
13 years ago

While driving yesterday I was rear ended. The damage to my car seems slight but there is damage and I've been having headaches since. DH has insisted I see a doctor today. The other driver's car was seriously damaged and I have pictures. The pictures show the level of the impact.

The driver who hit me and I exchanged information and I will be calling my insurance company later today to get the ball rolling.

DH has suggested that I hire SD to be my attorney as she is an attorney albeit unemployed right now. "Throw her some business. She needs the work" And it's true, she does need work.

SD is the most normal (most being a big qualifier) out of DH's progeny. But, if I hire her, she will be working for me for the first time. Is it worth it? Also, DH will not be happy if I just say no out of hand, however, I will be unhappy if 1. this becomes problematic 2. she doesn't do a good job.

Any thoughts? On other threads my relationship to my skids has been equated to that of a paid servant, au pair, handmaiden to DH and so on. Do au pairs usually hire their employer's kids? Hmmm.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz