SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megzc04

stepmom

megzc04
11 years ago

Im having an issue with my husband and his son. I love them both very much but I cant handle my husbands views on parenting him. A little back ground on the situation is that we get my stepson every other weekend, he lives with his mom and stepdad full time which is not a great enviroment. His stepdad drinks alot and cheats on his mom and my stepson knows about it. He is a very good kid in school gets good grades but he knows he can get away with anything he wants with his dad. So my husband lets him do what ever he wants because he has tried to get him full time but his mom wouldnt allow it. so know my husband says I dont care how he acts I only get him every other weekend hes a bad seed.... His behavior consist of not listening when anyone ask him to do something, talking back, saying curse words and singing rap songs, punching people trying to hurt people mainly females, ( he is 8 by the way), and his dad lets him do all this and if I say anything Im the bad person and I dont know how it is to be a parent and I should just pretty much keep my mouth shut. He yells at me in front of his son instead of talking to his son about his behavior. He says I over react and its not a big deal how his son acts says stuff like hes just a kid he forgets things like I will have to tell him 5 times no jumping on the bed and his dad just lets him continue to do it. Another issue we have is we cant afford children right now its very upsetting for me because he just doesnt know how I feel. I want a child so bad and I sometimes think hes in no rush cause he already has a child, he claims he wants more but he just doesnt get how much it sucks we cant afford for me to have a child but we can afford to drove 2 hrs to go get his son every weekend. I dont know if this dislike for the situation im in is werer this stems from but I just need answers on how to deal with my husband not wanting to parent at all and be more like a friend to his son drives me crazy!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Urban Upkeep LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's High Quality Painting Expert