SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Summer custody schedules

lovehadley
13 years ago

Does anyone else switch to a different schedule in the summer?

I am looking forward to our summer schedule. During the school year, DH has SS on Wed/Thurs and EOW. (It's called a 5-5-2-2 split.)

In the summer, it is actually supposed to be divided into 2 week increments; however, DH and BM did not like the idea of 2 week stretches, and I am inclined to agree. 2 weeks is a long time for SS who is used to seeing each of his parents often.

So they decided to do 1 week increments. We did NOT do this last summer, so this is the first summer we've tried it.

I personally think it will be great! Much less moving around for SS, less driving for DH and BM, and we will have the ability to plan more things.

They're doing Sunday at noon to Sunday at noon.

We've got SS and DD signed up for a couple week-long camps. In the past, it's been tough to do this, as we live so far away from BM and it's hard for US to put SS in a camp in our area and then expect her to do some of the driving. So the week-long stretches will be perfect.

We'll be able to take some trips, and not have to worry about whether we only have SS for 2 days that week, etc.

It should just be a really nice, relaxed schedule for everyone.

What is your summer schedule like?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH