SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norcalgirl00

financial infidelity...

norcalgirl78
14 years ago

...sucks. I learned 8 days ago that FDH did not go through the debt consolidation process 5 months ago like he told me he had, as a condition of our wedding next year and me signing another year lease at the time. He didn't get a good offer, one that he felt he could make the payments on, and instead of consulting a bankruptcy attorney or trying again (for what would have been the 4th time), he got scared and embarrassed and buried his head in the sand. Now he is sorry, and I am hurt and angry, feeling betrayed and considering moving out. I have already called a time-out on wedding plans and he is working on an alternate debt consolidation plan which he is supposed to show me by the end of the week. I am feeling so lost right now. My real fear isn't that he won't do what he says, because whether or not I am in his life, he will have to straighten this mess out. My real fear is that he is a person that won't get things done the way I want, or until I cry and beg. I don't want a parent-child dynamic with a partner. And in the meantime, I am living with someone that I don't feel I am preparing for marriage with, and that joy and fun of planning a wedding is being temporarily taken away (my choice, because I think it is for the best), and now I have to figure out how to tell my bridesmaids...

Comments (39)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012