SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

Ex has really lost it now

helpwiththis
14 years ago

I posted recently about my ex being in the hospital for shooting himself in the stomach. Well they released him after only a few days in the psych ward because they adjusted his bipolar meds and decided he was no longer a threat to anyone.

In the meantime I called someone in the courts about a restraining order. I was told pretty much that I could get an emergency one that was good for a few weeks. After that we would go before a judge. Since my ex has never shown anything but being a good dad to our dd, and because he willingly stayed in the hospital to get his meds adjusted I may not get the order extended. He has followed up with his psychaitrist since leaving the hospital as well.

So I thought why open that can of worms and have it backfire. If I did that and did not get the order extended it would cause drama between my ex and I. And he would make sure to take her at every visit, etc.

So he got out of the hospital and wanted to see dd the following weekend. I had talked to his brother who said he was coming to visit Saturday and Sunday. So I made up an excuse of why dd could not go Friday night. Sat and Sun dd was there with ex and his brother, so I felt safe.

Yesterday dd was asking about seeing her dad again. I now feel like she is acting as his protector. I was going to be near his home visiting a relative for dinner. So I told dd that if her dad would be home I would drop her there after dinner while I visited relatives for about an hour longer. I figured that ex has a roomate who will be home and it will only be an hour, which would get me out of having dd spend tonight there all night.

So I brought her there. As I was leaving my relatives later to go get her he came driving crazily down the street and pulled up so close to my car I thought he was going to hit it! And I was still parked!! He jumps out saying something about the police are coming to his house to raid it?? I ask where dd is and he says his home getting her things she had over there together!! At this point I was fuming and asked why the heck he would leave her there if this was really happening.

So I drove to his home quickly and got dd and left.

Ex tried talking to me and I told him that I was angry and not in the mood to discuss anything with him.

Now I am trying to figure out why he would be raided??? I know while he was in the hospital the police went to his home looking for the gun he shot himself with because he does not have a gun card so legally he should not have had a gun. So maybe this is why they were going there? Or maybe this is all in his head??

When I got there his roomate was leaving too with his girlfriend, so they must have bought into this stupidity.

I asked dd how her visit was and she said good. Her and ex watched tv and ate popcorn. I asked why she was bringing her things home from there and she said becuase daddy is moving soon (his lease really is up in June). And I asked her where the roomate was going and she said dinner with his gf. So I don't think she overheard her dads crazy raid stories. But then again she could be protecting him.

So this morning I called exs brother and told him I no longer felt safe with dd being alone with ex. Told him the story of last night. He told me ex is in the hospital this morning after supposidly falling down the stairs in his rental home. We both find it suspicious.

I am not going to let dd go there again. I am going to make up excuses and make plans to keep us busy on his days. His brother said that he will try to come visit his brother more so dd can come there when he is with. I had said that was the only way dd would see her dad.

I want a restraining order, but if I don't get it and I deny visitation I could get in more trouble than if I don't get the order and just make up excuses.

I am a mess over this today. Any advice?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!