SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saramomma

help please

saramomma
14 years ago

I am at my wits end. I have a 12 yo SS, he moved in with us in December 08. Before that we had visitation about half the year. SS's BM did a number on him, let his stepbrother bully him, never checked school work, etc. So here we are, he is with us because she could not "handle him" anymore. Since he has gotten here all he has doen is disrupt. HE bullies our 5yo son, my husband doesn't do anything about it, instead turns on me saying i yell at SS too much. He is failing school because he lies to me about work, and when I try to check it he says it is at school already done, and dad does nothing about it. (yes it is on me to help him with school) he has scary meltdowns, where he lashes out. We have hired a tutor for him to help him in school, we have him in counseling, and nothing is helping. I tell my husband we may not be equipped to get him the help he needs (there is suspicion that abuse happened at his BMs house, counselor and child services, but nothing concrete to act on) I have been in SS's life sonce he was 2 and watched helplessly as his BM destroyed the loving, caring smart child, and turned him into a monster. This really goes beyond normal 12 yo behavior. I am out of ideas, out of patience, and want so desparately to help him but everything i try gets flung back at me and i am just hopeless now. Has anyone encountered this, what diod you do? any ideas PLEASE!!!!

Comments (12)