Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is just horrible

Posted by cmestep (My Page) on
Mon, May 9, 11 at 9:05

My SS just had a baby with his "girlfriend" about 1 month ago. I just learned last night that this "little boy" ( he is NOT a man) just told the "girlfriend" on Mother's day no less that he doesn't love her and doesn't want to be with her. My DH is really upset, but I don't feel that he has told him in the right way ( he's waay to soft). Personally I would rip this duumb **** apart. I wish I could let him know how I feel. I told my DH that he has NO character or integrity! This idiot is NOT going to add up to anything in life...ever!I'm not impressed with the girlfriend AT ALL, but I don't believe that she needs to be treated like this, like he can just toss her out the window like trash....man I wish people who do this get there's. It would make me smile. They are both to blame for getting into this sad situation,but I thought that they would put their big boy and big girl pants on and be RESPONSIBLE. Guess not, just shows ya that these kids today feel they have a sense of entitlement. Glad he isn't my kid !!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is just horrible

Ok, I don't agree with him telling her on Mother's Day... but if he doesn't love her, child with her or not, he shouldn't be with her. It's better he tell her now then to lead her on. I had my first child at 16. My son's father and I got engaged but we never married. When I graduated high school and went on to college I realized how much living I had left to do. I realized that I needed some space. We did get back together for a short period of time. That was right before he met my son's step mother. They have now been married for 10 years, together for longer. Obviously we weren't meant to be together. We didn't have a big break up, we just went our separate ways. Because neither of us lead each other on we are able to be civil to each other. We raise our son, he goes there every other weekend... well, not so much now that he's a teenager and doing teenage stuff but he goes when they work it out between them.

My second son was conceived while I was in college. I was so close to graduation, planned on moving in with that son's biological sperm donor as soon as I graduated. While at school one day someone who knew us both told me that he had another girlfriend and she also was pregnant. Right at that minute I ended it with him. I was devastated because I was going to have two children alone by myself. I didn't think anyone would ever want me.

I met my husband 11 months after my second son was born. We have been together for 10 1/2 years now. I love him with all my heart and soul. When I met him he also had a 4 month old baby. He was not with his sons bm because he never loved her or really even liked her. They were just a thing. Her dad wanted him to marry her, my dh refused. He wasn't going to marry someone simply because they had a child together. That was one of the best decisions he ever made. This woman would have ruined my husband. As it is, we now have custody of that child along with my 2 and our 1.... together 4 boys.

As long as your ss is a good father and takes care of his responsibility to the child I don't see why he is such an awful person. He was honest with the child's mother, now they can both get on with their lives and hopefully raise this child together peacefully.

When people stay together simply for the child it doesn't always make it better. Chances are they will fight more and the child will see that.

o

Whether he loves this girl or not it was awful timing to tell her he does not love her! What a jerk!! But I do agree if they are not in love then they should not stay together for the child. That said he certainly could have allowed her to enjoy her first mother's day before telling her how he felt.

o

jerk, why on Mother's Day? how old is he? Is he going to take care of the baby or he doesn't love baby either?

I got divorced when DD was 4, I wouldn't say it was the best decision in my life LOL but it is what it is. I think if we stayed together we would get divorced eventually anyways, we were a bad match.

I actually think telling your partner "I don't love you anymore" is uncalled for, there are other ways to do it. I left relationships and marriage but never put it this way. it is hurtful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here