SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wallypog_gw

SS problem

wallypog
14 years ago

Been remarried X 5 years to a perfect lady but her son has worked to sabotage the relationship from day 1, and I think he has succeeded. We were both married just once before and each of us for over 20 years. We both had 2 adopted sons (4 total). She could never have children. Her youngest chose to live with us. I am retired and my wife is an RN. I do all the housework ( I do windows, carpets, the whole 9 yards). I do all the cooking (including all the big holiday meals). I do all the yard work. I keep our home and our finances in order.

The SS has no respect for me. He was 13 when we married and slummed his way through HS. He won't study, has no interests or ambition. He has a picky appetite and refuses to eat much of what I make. He'll throw half a steak in the trash. Never touches any left overs. He is a slob. Used to stuff trash in the TV room couch until he got banned from there. Yard work, won't lift a finger unless you ride him. He can't find a job and those we got him he quit. He sucks up to mom and she buys or makes up every excuse in creation for his attitude, behavior, laziness, messiness, etc... He had as much as $4,000.00 in saving that he went through like water. Recently we found that he'd stolen and hocked 50 DVDs. She knows he could be better, but "he's is not as bad as other teens".

The wife started handing me the marginal treatment. You know, finding nothing you say interesting or funny. Plowing the field for the problems. Setting the stage to call it quits. We have counseling to come but I see no easy solution. I think it is going to end. I don't want to be 60 and single. She is such a wonderful person and her son will selfishly ruin both of their lives. I am so very sad, angry and betrayed. She is my dream. I loath the boy for what he has intentionally done.

I am new here and don't know what to ask or expect. I guess anything would be nice.

Comments (8)