Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
our nation... my nation

Posted by mom_of_4 (My Page) on
Mon, May 2, 11 at 2:36

I realize that there are people of many nations on this forum but... today is a day that affects everyone! Osama Bin Laden was killed today... and as an US citizen... as a human being I think that is something we can all celebrate!! I woke up the kids to watch the presidents speech tonight. So many died because of this man and his radicals!!

We face so many difficulties in our lives... it is nice to find a victory.. for our nation... for the lives of those that deserved more!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: our nation... my nation

I didn't see until I woke up this morning. I told SS that it would be very rare occasions when he would hear me or DH say that it was good that someone was dead - but this was one of them. SS is nine and it seems so odd that 9/11 was before his birth; he is still not really cognizant of a lot of the details. Like almost everyone else here, I'm sure, my memories of that day are so vivid and clear that it's hard to imagine that SS wasn't even born yet, if that makes sense.

I hope that this news makes the upcoming tenth anniversary slightly less painful for the families of those killed.

o

Mattie, DD is 9 as well. I was pregnant with her when 9-11 went down. I can't believe so much time has passed. It's amazing.

But I am not cheering. I do not see this as a victory. I do not think killing him solved anything, although I am grateful the search for him is over.

Blessings to those on all sides who were injured or killed as a result of our governments and individual radicals.

May we do things better next time.

o

I am glad he is gone but I don't think it is the end of it, Al Queada is not dead, plus some radicals might use his death for causing havoc. I wish it was that easy...

o

I wish they would have caught him and brought him back. Now he is a martyr...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here