SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myfampg

Weekend: successful

myfampg
12 years ago

I normally have so many complaints I thought I would take my own advice and focus on the positive...

Dd is home from a long weekend of being gone to BDs house. Thursday- Monday. I picked her up and immediately she says I had so much fun but I'm so glad to see you!! Normally she is cranky when I pick her up so the mood was quite shocking yet very much accepting. She gets home and is so excited to see DS and Dh. All hugs and wrestling -- lots of laughter. No retreating to her room for an hour to come down from her visit. She has talked non stop. Not so much about her weekend but about school and so and so did this at school and there are these new shoes so and so has. Blah blah blah. I haven't asked about her weekend because she always is so uncomfortable saying anything. Normally she says, I don't know or I forgot. Or she tells me all the mean things that happened or that she never saw her dad. None of that. I checked her bag and suprisingly everything is in tact. Even things that were sent home over the weekend are there instead of being removed by bd.

Dinner, shower and bed was extremely painless and full of appreciation. Lots of 'great dinner mom' ' I am so glad to see you' ' thank you for helping with my homework stepdad' hugs and kisses and no excuses at bedtime. Wow! I'm ready to send her back.

Haha just kidding. But wow I am hoping all weekends end this way but the negative side of me doesn't want to hold my breath.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia