SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

My dad is going insane..........

incognitomom
13 years ago

So I think my dad is going crazy. Seriously he is acting insane. My grandfather passed a while back and he had quite a bit of money. He left a little to me and my siblings and the rest to my stepgrandma. He was married to my stepgrandma for close to 20 years. She was not some homewrecker or golddigger. In my opinion my grandfather could do with his money what he wished. My dad and his siblings are not entitled to my grandfathers money.

Anyways my dad has been complaining for years about how he should have gotton a chunk of my grandfathers money when he passed. He has said horrible things about my stepgrandma. I am close to him and my stepgrandma and try to stay out of it. Last summer my stepgrandma took me and my siblings and our families on vacation. This summer she is taking us on another vacation and including my dad and stepmom. My stepgrandma is overly generous to our family and I am grateful, but all my dad can do is complain that he should get more more more. It really makes me sick.

Well my stepgrandma made a comment in conversation to my stepmom not too long ago that when she dies she will be leaving whatever is left of her and my grandfathers estate to me and my siblings. My stepmom mentioned it to my dad.

So my dad called me today to tell me that if that happens he would expect me and my siblings to give him a chunk of our inheritance!!!

Seriously! I told him I did not want to talk about such things because I thought it was so wrong to discuss. He kept on. So I told him NO, I would not give him a chunk. My grandfather gave my dad a crazy amount of money while he was alive between buying him a house and cars and paying off debts my dad got himself into. I said that whatever money me and my siblings get is for us to enjoy.

Honestly my dad is awful with money. It burns a hole in his pocket and he blows through it. So why would I just hand it over for him to blow? No really if he needed help I would help him with a bill or something, but not just give him money to blow.

And more to the point he has always been cheap with me. When I moved in with him in high school I had a job. He made me pay my high school registration fees, yearbook fees, clothes, school lunches, etc. all out of my pocket. He gave me no money for prom. He gave me no money for college. Even now as an adult he came to my wedding and gave me no money. My stepmom was talking about my baby shower recently and how she would like to go in on it with my sister and friend and he said he is not putting in any money. When he has babysat my kids he always makes sure I provide dinner because god forbid he is stuck treating his grandkids to pizza or something!

So after he got crappy with me over the money issue I pointed these things out to him and asked why, after how cheap he always is with me, would I give him money?

What gets me is that he is in AA and treats his buddies to dinner and things all the time. He has no problem driving all over the place to run his AA buddies around and paying for the gas to do so. He has no problem giving one of my sisters money to pay her bills because she always blows her money. He gave my sister money to plan her wedding. He gave her money to help with her babyshower. Its just me that he doesn't do anything for and then he complains that I wouldn't just throw him money someday??

So he really hung up on me today and told my stepmom he is mad at me!!! The whole situation is just insane!! And I am so mad about it!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH