SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

I know I shouldn't feel this way.....

incognitomom
12 years ago

But I do! Today we visited dh's family for Easter. Older sd spent the night there because she is babysitting tomorrow for a relative.

Dh, me, younger sd, ss, and ds all got home. BM called (1st time in 2 months!). The kids talk to bm's parents almost weekly so they know all about activities, reportcards, and current stuff. Apparently bm has spoken to them because she was asking the kids about that stuff. SS was on the phone with her and asking us when his games are because she has a sudden interest in attending. Uggh!

Older sd was not home so she did not talk to bm.

Then younger sd talks to bm (this is the same girl who has been mad at bm for months and refused to talk to her). She thought she was getting on the phone with her younger siblings because ss was talking to them. But then I guess bm got on quickly. SD talked to bm for 30 minutes and was all giggles and smiles.

She got off the phone and everything was "bm said this" and "bm said that". A little while later I hear sd singing the praises of bm to ss and telling him how bm said she is going to come to his next games, etc.

It just bothers me! BM ignores the kids for months and then makes a holiday call and gets their hopes up again. I HATE it!!! I HATE that she gets to ignore the kids and then get a happy phone call with them and can go on pretending everything is fine and make herself think she is being a good mom.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm