SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ulrike1_gw

BM Called to Lecture DH

ulrike1
12 years ago

Hello all. Haven't been here for a while, but today felt the need to vent. DH just hung up after being on the phone with BM for about half an hour! They hadn't talked in several weeks, which seems reasonable to me since my SDs are college age.

Last year BM went into such a tizzy about SDs not wanting to go to her and her husband's church every week, and kept expecting DH to enforce this even though the girls are over 18 and we are non-theists. It's up to them to all work that out when SDs are at BM's house, as far as we are concerned. A few months ago DH was finally a little more up front with BM about the whole issue.

Well, today was a replay of last year. The girls weren't with us--we sidestep the issue entirely by strongly suggesting they spend Easter weekend with BM so we can be out of it.

So I guess neither of them would go with her this morning. I am truly sorry--I do wish they would just go along with it on special occasions like this, and I had talked to them about the cultural significance of the traditional spring festivals, etc., hoping they would just suck it up and go. But no--they are really in a power struggle with her, I think.

So once again BM went off on DH, and ONCE AGAIN she tried to blame my kids for influencing the girls. The girls have hardly seen my kids all semester; both mine are in programs out of the country now, and frankly, they don't have much time or inclination to talk to their stepsisters about BM's theology, ha!

Anyway I know I should keep my mouth shut and not rile up DH any more by complaining about his half hour of reverting to being BM's whipping boy--hard to bite my tongue, though.

Thanks for listening! :)

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County