SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imamommy

New SD mama drama ~ L.M.A.O.

imamommy
13 years ago

I'm not posting this for advice, but maybe someone may find it entertaining or get as good a chuckle as I did... so this one is for amusement only.

BM went to court Monday because DCSS is making her seek work. The last time she was there, they recalled the bench warrant for her failure to appear at the previous hearing & they found her in NON COMPLIANCE, but gave her a new court date to bring the job search logs back complete. So, she goes on Monday & while at the court, she files a motion to modify child support and requests to be allowed to return her job search logs by mail... oh yeah, she wants the monthly amount of arrears she's supposed to pay reduced by half. She was ordered to pay $100 a month, she wants it to be $50. (BTW, the last time she was in court, the order said if she paid the $316, she did not need to appear with job search logs at all)

Here is her "declaration": (verbatim)

"I have been unemployed since February of 2010. Unfortunately, I have not been able to keep up with the court ordered support and I have been falling severely behind. I have also been looking for work on a weekly basis and cannot find any employment. It has been difficult. I would also ask this court to allow me to submit my "job search" documentation to the Department of Child Support Services by mail. I live approximately 3 hours away from her and it costs me $80.00 in fuel for each trip I make here and back. At present, I am ordered to come 2 times per month, which equates to approximately $160.00 per month for travel to deliver the documentation. I would simply ask the court to allow me to mail them in. I would also ask this court to set my arrears payment at $50.00 per month."

She also submitted a financial statement saying she has 0.00 income and pays $316.00 per month in support. (She didn't even claim any of her spousal support, so maybe she thinks if she leaves it completely off the form she signed under "penalty of perjury", they won't ask for proof. lol)

Well, I guess what makes me laugh, besides the fact that she hasn't paid a penny in over a year and thinks she won't look like a deadbeat, is that she claims she can't come twice a month to drop off job search logs, yet she supposedly is coming three times a month to pick up her DD for visits. (of course that would mean relieving grandma & forcing BM to come get SD herself~she don't wanna do that!) But, she claims it costs $80.00 in fuel... she drives her mom's Toyota Corolla. DH drives the same car to pick up SD & it costs him about $35.00 in fuel round trip. But if she's claiming that she has to spend $160.00 a month in travel expenses and is willing to pay $50.00 in arrears, why not just pay the $210.00 toward the support & maybe they'd work with her.

The last time DH was in court with her, the Judge admonished her for coming to court with an attorney when DH is asking her to pay $150 in medical bills... and of course everyone knows an attorney costs much more than that.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES