SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

To Wii or not to Wii Part 2

lamom
14 years ago

So, I took part of the advice of this board and didn't take the other part regarding loaning SS30 DS7's Wii game in exchange for babysitting DS7. I did not want to loan it since SS30's kids are notoriously destructive. I did take DS7 to SS30's home for the weekend but did not take the Wii. I did take a huge bag of snacks, juices, yogurt etc and DS7's favorite board game.

As soon as I came in the door to pick up DS7 from his overnight stay, SS30 and GF told me how SGS9 and DS7 got in to a tug of war over SGS3's favorite snuggle toy, tore off an arm and were both in time out. No biggie to me but they went on and on about how it was SGS3's favorite, his aunt gave it to him, he sleeps with it etc etc clearly expecting me to offer a new one. This time it was my turn to shrug thinking "what's the big deal, get a needle and thread." Then they showed me the remnants of the board game I sent over, box trashed, spinner torn, pieces missing. I was thanking my stars that I asked the group here about sending the Wii and decided not to.

But here's the kicker of the story...found out that SS30 and GF own an XBox 360 AND a Playstation 3 completely hooked up, Internet access on a huge flatscreen! These are the folks who are ALWAYS BROKE. They just don't let the kids play with THEIR toys!!

They wanted ME to bring DS7's Wii and let it be the sacrificial lamb for the weekend!

Thanks GW Forum, dodged that bullet. SS30 and GF gave DS7 a good behavior report and was ok. It will be another long while before DS7 visits again but he came home intact and the Wii stayed put. Whew.

Comments (7)