SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazydyz8

Respect and Team Work

crazydyz8
15 years ago

I am new to the forums so please forgive me for not using the abbreviations. I don't know them all yet. Some background information. My husband and I have been married for 2.5 years, living in his home state for the last 2 years almost. His son lives in the next state from us. Mom never really wanted her son, only took him because her parents forced her into it. The only reason she still keeps him now is because of the money. It took a very lengthy court process to be able to get 8 weeks during the summer and every other weekend. We caved on everything we wanted just to get this extra time. My husband is starting to be more involved with his son, but at the same time, problems are escalating between stepson and me. He runs very hot and cold with me, sometimes being respectful of me and other times completely disregarding me and everything I say. I know part of it is because my husband doesn't always support me. However his support has increased over time, and step son's roller coaster of respect has intensified. I don't know what to do anymore and either does my husband. We are fairly certain that mom is saying things that is influencing stepson's behavior but we have no proof and can't control it. I got to the point of just saying that from now on I am going to be uninvolved and just refer him to his dad. That made my husband upset. Please, can someone give me some tips on this? What do I do?

Comments (5)