SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monasparks

Suspicious of my three stepkids, any advice?

MonaSparks
12 years ago

Hi everyone, well for reasons that I don't want to bore you with, I first met my step-kids on my wedding day, 5 years ago and now after not seeing them since the big day, all three have decided to stay with my husband and I in our home in London for the week (but it looks like it could be longer than that...) They have been here three days and I feel like i'm going crazy; They are slowly bleeding their way into my household and slowly pushing me out whilst manipulating me and being sickly sweet and attentive to me and my daughter, Alice(their half-sister whom they adore) My husband doesn't know what i'm talking about and says that they are just trying to settle in and make a good impression but although on the outside, there is no reason to dislike them (well 2/3, Ace is like a firecracker at times) I just feel that something is not right with these kids and I already feel like Marina (19) has taken control of my household, and has become a second mother to Alice to "take the stress off" which is concerning me as I am the one who runs my household as my husband works long hours. Then there's Anno (21) who is probably the most charming man you'll ever meet in your life, but I suspect he is also a master manipulator and then there's Ace (17) who is the textbook disruptive teen who will ONLY listen to either Marina, Anno or Tony (Their Dad, my Husband. but only sometimes, he's like Marina's lapdog, she says jump, he says how high) I feel that something is seriously out of place here although my best friend thinks i'm either jealous or going crazy. I need some opinions here, Do I have reason to be concerned? or should I be more accommodating to his kids who are just "trying to settle in"?

Thanks,

Mona.

Comments (3)