Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's about darn time!

Posted by ceph (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 17:07

After ten long cycles of trying, DH and I are happy to be expecting a baby in October!

I'm almost 15 weeks now, and we heard the heartbeat for the first time last week. I recorded it on my phone, which my midwife thought was really funny and smart.

Yay!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's about darn time!

congratulations!!!! good luck!

o

I am so happy for you CEPH! You have been such a wonderful stepmother I just know that you are going to make a wonderful mom!!!

o

Yay!

thinkin' pink or blue yet?

o

I am so happy for you and your DH.

o

Thanks, everyone!

Sylvia, I don't have any real leanings on gender and we don't plan to find out at our 20 week ultrasound.
I have a *very* slight preference for a girl, so I work on the assumption that Baby is a boy.
DH has a *very* slight preference for a boy, so he works on the assumption that Baby is a girl.
But as long as it's one gender or the other, then I will be happy!

o

WooHoo! Congratulations Ceph!

How's big brother feeling about it?
I know for my son, making a big deal about him being the big brother really helped him not feel jealous. We even put older son's picture in the hospital crib with little brother "so he could see it all the time".

o

CEPH!!!! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD IN A LONG TIME!!!
I am sooooo happy for you both. You are such a level headed, caring SM, I know you will continue to be that AND an amazing BM. All my best wishes for a happy, healthy pregnancy.

PS - we will demand pics of cute little you all baby big!! :-)

o

Congratulations!!!!!
Very exciting news Ceph!! I'm so happy for you guys, <<<>>>

o

Congratulations, Ceph!!! I'm so happy for ya'll (little bit of my Texan coming out)! You'll be a fabulous mother!

o

Congrats on Little Mr. & Mrs. Ceph !

o

Congratulations Ceph... so happy for you guys!

o

congratulations, ceph, that's wonderful news!

o

Fabulous news Ceph!!! Hooray!! I'm going to tell you what my mother told me to have the smoothest pregnancy, put your feet up and look pretty!

o

congratulations!! that is so exciting! I am so happy for you!

o

Thank you, everyone! You're all awesome :)

SS isn't terribly excited about it, but he is not unhappy either. He's kind of in a neutral camp.

Remember how BM has an almost-one-year-old? SS knows what babies are actually about, and knows that it doesn't interest him, LOL.
So he's happy, but doesn't have the same misconceptions about how AWESOME having a baby around is as he had when his mom was pregnant. Which I'm oddly glad about - it won't be our baby that disillusioned him :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here