SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom2emall

Tired today....

mom2emall
14 years ago

I do not know what happend but the last few days has been an absolute struggle with the kids!! I don't know if they all decided to just go crazy...or if that my dh has had a week off work has just made them loose routine. But argh!

Lets start with yesterday.

SS was eating dinner. I made dinner and my bioson right away looked at it and began complaining. I told him I did not want to hear complaints...this was dinner and tonight he was eating it all (I gave him a small amount). He made faces and ate it. SS tried also complaining about the food and was told the same thing. He cried. He spent 15 minutes going potty. Then he was sent right back to the plate. Then I watched him stick his fingers in his mouth and throw up onto his plate!!! So DH of course threw his dinner away and told ss no dessert that night. Fine, kid can't eat it with puke on it. Though I was tempted to give him a new plate with another helping....

Middle sd was doing homework FOREVER as usual. We had an awards assembly to go to for older sd and warned middle sd that she is old enough to stay home alone and miss the awards assembly if her homework is not done by the time we need to leave. Well we got ready to leave and it was not done. She started the tears. DH told her to go put her shoes on so we could go. I took him into the other room and reminded him of what we already agreed on earlier and told him that if he did not stick to that it was showing her that tears win. So he reluctantly made her stay home.

So we go to the assembly and dh is texting back and forth with middle sd for half of it "to make sure she is alright". He turned the punishment into fun for her...way to go!

We get home and all get ready to make ice cream sundaes and I watch my dh let ss have some cool whip. WTF??? I look at dh and said "remember dinner???" Then he tells ss no dessert and I am the bad guy of course!

Today DS wants to go outside with his friends (no school today). I tell him sure, just go hang up the two outfits that are on his bed. He goes upstairs and comes down a minute later. I ask if the clothes were hung up and he said yes. I asked if I went to check would they be hung up correctly. He then says "nobody told me to hang them up!" Again I am thinking WTF??? So I send him back upstairs. He comes down again and says they are hung up. I walk back up with him and one outfit is on his closet floor, one pair of pants hung correctly, and the other shirt is hanging by the sleeve off his pants that he hung up. I told him that is not acceptable and he is not playing outside AT ALL today since he can not do something I asked him TWICE to do.

For the next few minutes he proceeds to tell me it is not his fault because nobody showed him how to hang up clothes. So I showed him and told him "now you know". Since the "nobody showed me" excuse seems to be used a lot by him lately I proceeded to "show" him how to put his shoes away and his coat away, etc. And he finally admitted to not really trying to hang up his clothes. He is still not allowed outside. And now he is finally at the point where he realizes he was wrong and is not arguing about it anymore.

But I am just really tired of the last few days!!! Someone send me a bottle...LOL!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
My Kitchen And Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars48 Reviews
Virginia-Based, Leading Kitchen and Bath Remodeler Since 1994