SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jess3_gw

Future SD took my earrings

jess3
14 years ago

I had a pair of earrings missing out of my night stand. They had been there for a couple of weeks. When I looked in the drawer for them, they were missing. I looked in other places but I knew they were in there. So I mentioned it to my BF to see if he had seen them. He said he would ask his DD becuse she was the only one in our room that weekend that he had them. He asked , she said she had not seen them. He gave her one more chance to do the right thing and she went to her room and got the earrings. Her ears are not periced and these earrings are emerald and diamonds not something that a kid would wear any way.

She took them becuse she is angry and simply does not want me around. Okay, i understand that. My problem here is that he did not punish her in any way. I expected him to do something. Anything, take something away, ect. I beleive there should be consequences for that sort of behavior. I don't have any kids so maybe I am wrong about this. We got into it becuse I expressed my feeling about her not being punished and he thinks he handled it well. To me it is stealing. If she had taken something from the mall and he found out he would have punished her for sure. I am glad she decided to give them back and do the right thing. I know she is acting out her anger. But I think my BF feels so guilty about the divorce that he has a hard time with the disipline.

Am I being a mean person by thinking she should of had consequences?

Has anybody else experience somthing like this that has some advice?

Comments (19)