SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutbunch

Discipline of SD how to make BM on board?

nutbunch
15 years ago

So last night my DH found that the 12 year old SD had posted pictures of herself and videos on the internet complete with links to the school she goes to.

Obviously really stupid as any predator has a roadmap to her. She had a myspace page before we knew about but violated rules set up for it and it was deleted. Now she secretly set all this up and says nothing.

Her dad totally read her the riot act, why it was dangerous, and to notify her friend to delete her pictures from their sites or their parents will get a call.

Since it's happened before about her violating the rules when we explained to BM why she was being puinshed. BM goes along and has a suitable talk about consequences, but I think because BM feels guilty about not being the primary caregiver that she plays down the discipline. Then buys her something and treats her like nothing went wrong.

SD never gets consequences of her actions she has no common sense. She's 12 and frankly I'm scared to death what she'll get involved with in her future.

I'd like some ideas to suggest to DH and BM. BM isn't really available though, she lives in another state and doesn't visit as much as she could, although they do talk and text on the phone a lot.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio