SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wild_thing

Update on Counseling Etc.

wild_thing
15 years ago

Hey all! It has been awhile. The last time I posted my SD was starting counseling. That was about 2 months ago. We have been super busy here in that time, and I was very sick for about three weeks in there, and ended up having my gall bladder taken out.

But anyway...counseling is still going. Not too certain about any progress, it is pretty slow going.

She was working on some bio mom issues there for awhile, and that got really interesting lol. SD had to write an "I feel statement/letter" to her mom starting from where she could remember.

Wow.

She did send it to her too.

It didn't go well.

Her mom is such an idiot!!!!!!!!!! Not only did she show everyone (in her family) the letter her daughter wrote to her....she took offense to everything in it, as did everyone else who read it, and then she is claiming to be suicidal etc....such a freakin' drama queen. Then to top it off.....my SS's g/f who is living with all of them cuz she is 5 months preggers, decides to write SD a letter, calling her all kinds of names, and threatening her physically. The two of them don't even know one another, they only met once for 5 minutes. The pregnant g/f has only known that family for all of 6 months max.

Yeah...it was pretty hairy here for a few days. But because of everything that went down, SD decided that she wants nothing to do with her mother any longer. Her mom is too selfish and can not see past herself to reach out to her, so she doesn't want to see or talk to her.

So, we have been making baby steps on the home front to get things to a good place. It comes and goes. Which is probably normal. I think having the mom issues out of the way is helping. She feels "free" from that stress so she is trying harder I think.

But that is my update. We are still plugging away.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County