SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
free2bunme

I dread our time with his kids

free2bunme
14 years ago

I'm a 1st timer here and I'm at my wits end.

A little background. I'm a 2nd time around SM and the 1st was nothing like this! I have 2 BS (17 and 13) and a 11 y/o BD. He has 2 girls 11,9.

Younger SD is a joy to be around. My only complaint with her is that she will defend her sister even when she knows she is in the wrong. I don't blame her for it but it makes getting to the bottom of issues a lot more difficult sometimes since it is usually the 3 girls together when something happens.

Older SD makes me crazy. She is extremely dramatic and can be downright nasty and rude when it suits her. She is loud and embarassing when we go out. I'll admit that there is a bit of resentment as well about the disciplinary double standard between my kids and his. And the fact that we end up spending well over budget when we have his kids (to the tune of $100 Sushi dinner because SD was having a "meltdown")

I'm just looking for some advice on how to handle situations when his kids are with us. I don't want to lose my cool with her but it is definitely getting to that point.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks for letting me vent :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm