SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
poppingrays

Can't wait 'til she's outa here!

poppingrays
15 years ago

As a long-time SM, I know better than to say "can't wait until it's over", because it won't be any time soon. Youngest SD turned 18 last December, still in high school, will be graduating in June, and is supposed to be moving in w/ biomom after that. This child has run her dad & I through the ringer this past year. She went from being a very responsible, self-sufficient, kind person to becoming this irresponsible, uncaring, overdramatic monster in less than 12 months.

SD had a good job, she just up and quit. We stopped supporting her cell phone and kicked her off our car insurance, but now biomom is taking over those debts. It frustrates me to no end, because before this year, biomom could have cared less about this girl, called her "too high maintenance" for her to deal with. All of a sudden biomom's handing this child money to put gas in her car with the idea that SD is to look for work (but she's not - just hanging w/ pot-smoking boyfriend). SD "ran off" to live with biomom in January this year (grass-is-greener notion). Lasted for a whole 2 weeks, then biomom tells her she needs to "go home" to her Dad & I, pawning her off again. Her Dad and I love her very much, but we don't much care for the person she's being right now.

Dad & I have not been handing SD money. We pay for neccessities, but nothing else. SD still manages to have enough money to run, run, run. Then she breezes into the house before 10 pm every few days to eat, do her laundry and sleep.

Now SD is getting ready to go to senior prom, even though she's drug-tested positive through her school 4 times this year. School sends us a letter stating she's excluded from all extra curricular activities, but the principal told her she could go to prom! I'm frankly outraged! If there was one thing I know could've really affected SD (maybe to the point of re-thinking her romance w/mary-jane) it would've been not being able to go to prom! Her dad won't stop her from going, her biomom went out & bought her a dress (praise for screwing up?) and the school won't stop her, either. There have been absolutely no consequences for this child and I'm tired of watching it!!!!!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!