Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birthday party question/poll (not SF related)

Posted by lovehadley (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 11, 09 at 13:40

My DD is having her 7th birthday party at the place where she takes acting classes. She loves it and they offer bday parties that sound pretty cool and right up her alley.

My time slot choices are 10:30-12:30 on Saturday OR 5:30-7:30 pm on Saturday.

The kids will do 1 hour of acting/improv stuff and then there is an hour for pizza, cake, etc. (We will take the presents home to be opened.)

So--my question--as a PARENT, which time slot would you prefer? I don't want to screw up people's Sat. night plans but, at the same time, I am wondering if people might not LIKE a couple hours of free babysitting on a Saturday.

The location of the party place is near a mall, and there are also a bunch of restaurants around. I know my DH and I would love a party where we could drop DD off and go have a couple hrs to have dinner alone.

Or is the middle of the day a better bet?

DD has a very small, close-knit class (only 14 students) and the parents are all uber cool. Honestly--everyone gets along so well, I can see all the parents going to the SAME restaurant together, hanging out and socializing until the party is over.

WWYD?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birthday party question/poll (not SF related)

I'd go for the midday rather than the evening. The 7:30 end time might put you a little too close to bedtimes for some kids that age. I know that for me, that's a time when I'd want a 6- or 7-year old to be winding down, rather than being all excited from a fun party.

Also, about the free babysitting aspect of it-- that would be a bonus for parents with one child, but what about the ones with more? Were you thinking of inviting siblings to the party, as well as the kids in the class?

o

Well if the family has kids in sports the 10:30-12:30 party would probably interfere. I know it would for families like us.

I would much rather have the evening party. And with the mall and restaurants nearby I am sure I could find something to do for 2 hours with my other children.

And really, how many people with children have Saturday night plans anyways? LOL

o

I'd prefer the 10:30-12:30...

o

Why don't you send your poll to the actual parents? I think they would appreciate it, and you would get your answer. (hopefully it won't be a 50/50 split!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here