SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lastfridaynight

Hate is Such a mighty emotion

lastfridaynight
14 years ago

I am currently engaged to a man who has a 2 year old son that I absolutely USED to hate. I'm still working on getting to know him but I don't hate him anymore. You see, I'm more of a career oriented type of woman, never been motherly and never wanted children and have never been jealous of any man, woman or child in my life for anything I could obtain myself. It's not cockiness, more like confidence. So when, I become engaged to this guy and excepting "the whole package" I noticed a loathing feeling in the pit of my stomach when having to be around his son. But why? I'm not too fond of little kids but not in a way where I hate them, just annoyed by them when they're...you know, crying & stuff. So why the strong hate for this 2 year old? I have no idea but I know I had to get rid of these feelings asap. And I did. Constantly reminding myself all the good things about the little boy. And it worked! I don't have those feelings anymore. The reason why I'm posting is to determine the basis of this strong feeling of hate towards a freaking 2 year old, how freaking sick right? I know I'm somewhat of a self absorbed person, I'm too absorbed into my daily life to remember to do the smallest of tasks let alone using energy to project hate towards another person. I've never been like that so where did this come from? I see folks get attacked on here for voicing the negative feelings towards skids, but feelings can only be helped to an extent. It's like any other emotion, you just can't switch it off but you can controll it. This feeling snuck up on me and I want to know why did I loathe him so much. I don't feel jealousy towards the babymom in any way, I don't even want kids. I think they're a hastle but I totally would break up with my fiance if he neglected his son (I don't date irresponsible men). So wtf? Any real theories? (not advice)

Comments (22)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio