SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
silversword_gw

Update

silversword
11 years ago

Hi everyone,

It looks like there are a lot of new faces on here :) I haven't posted in a while... life has been so incredibly busy.

Background: Married four years, together 6, second marriage, one SD12 one DD10.

Currently, I'm getting a divorce, my husband moved out a month ago. There were so many signs...

If I can tell any advice, it would be this. Look very carefully at how a potential husband interacts with his biological children before even introducing him to your children.

Pay close attention to how he speaks of his ex-wife/mother of his children. This will speak volumes of the kind of man he is.

In retrospect, my husband showed me so many signs. He would buy things for himself but say he didn't have money to visit his daughter.

BIG BAD SIGN

He wanted to be with me, and he'd rather be just us together ALL THE TIME rather than be a family.

BIG BAD SIGN

He would override me when I laid down rules for my daughter. He would make arbitrary decisions regarding her that would contradict what I said, then guilt trip me when I confronted him on it.

I could go on. The absolute last straw was when she was chewing at the table, I guess not to his satisfaction. I was in the kitchen and didn't see what happened to spark the issue... but all of a sudden he says, "go ahead, I'd love to spank the snot out of you".

I was FURIOUS. And do you know what he said "if you saw what she did..." and I said "I don't care what she did, nothing she could have done would warrant that response".

Abusive.

Watch carefully ladies, and gentlemen too. I think I got out just before things could have gotten physically abusive. My blinders were on. Hopefully someone can learn from my mistake and not make the same one.

~Silver

Comments (8)