SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Thinking of dropping court case...

lovehadley
14 years ago

DH and I are so frustrated.

After court yesterday and talking extensively with the attorneys, it is clear---DH is NOT going to get full custody, even temporary, over this one incident.

The attorneys are advising him to NOT even ask for it because it "makes him look heartless." UGH.

The problem is--this is the only incident we have where it is proven that BM's drinking affects her son. She has a DWI but that doesn't directly affect him. Even her going out drinking, being hungover, etc---doesn't *affect him.* I beg to differ--but that's how the courts view it.

The best we can hope for AT THIS POINT is for the court to order her into some sort of alcohol awareness class. WOO HOO.

I guess what is frustrating us---why should WE have tp pay thousands of dollars to get her to take some sort of class?

Part of it is just to set the record and get everything documented---but we already have the police report from the incident, AND DFS is involved because somebody hotlined her. So is all this court stuff necessary, too?

I don't know, neither does DH.

DH emailed the attorney today just stating his thoughts very bluntly...we are waiting to see what she says.

I mean, if we were at least asking for and hoping to get primary custody, and maybe SS be with BM EOW or something while she completes a treatment program---THAT would be worth fighting for, in our opinion. But if the custody arrangement is going to stay status quo, and all we're asking is for BM to do some stupid classes (which won't do a d*mn bit of good), what is the point???? Why spend the money and waste our time? The whole point of this in the beginning was to protect SS and now---if he's still going to be with his mom just as much, if the courts won't change that at this point in time---THEN WHAT ARE WE DOING????

Ima, or anyone else who's been through the ringer in court---any thoughts?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm