SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Thoughts about court

lovehadley
15 years ago

DH & I have our hearing at the end of this coming week. We have an appt. with DH's attorney on Tuesday, so hopefully we will have a better idea of what might happen after that.

I'm a little nervous in the meantime, though!

Does anyone with any court experience have an inkling of what a judge (in this situation) might say/do?

I got the ex parte order and this hearing is for my full order. I really don't think I will have an issue getting it.

The other step (and the more tricky one) at this proceeding is for DH to get the order of protection for his son. He did NOT get the ex parte order like I did, he simply got the hearing date which means the judge wants to hear more evidence.

So--I doubt DH will get the full order. As much as I hate to say it, I don't think the courts are going to give temp. custody to DH YET. I think BM has not "screwed up" enough yet. Yes, what she did was terrible, but the courts see this all the time AND much worse. :(

My guess is that the courts will order BM into some sort of counseling or treatment program, and re-evaluate in 30 days?

I know it is silly to speculate, especially before we even meet with the attorney---but it is driving me crazy in the meantime.

Any thoughts?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville