SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
greeneyedcat

grown step child

greeneyedcat
15 years ago

Hi, i need some advise. I have been married to a wonderful man for almost 3 years (next month). He has a 25 year old daughter here is where the problem is let me explain

i have guardianship of her 5 year old son, due to her sleeping with a 14 yr old boy last year. She does not know who the grandsons father is so my husband and i stepped up and took guardianship so grandson would not go into the legal system. Stepdaughter how do i explain, one day she is fine and the next time we see her she is babbling off the wall. I have taken our grandson to the docs and to make a long story short he has odd and rad due to the way she raised him. One visit with him she is loving, and the next she is yelling as she walks thru the door. Stepdaughter and grandson did live with us when husband and i first got married and she just mooched off of us. She finally moved out after many arguments about her not helping clean up after her and her son, doing anything around the house, sleeping while her child was up with no supervision, etc. Now during the year she lived with us she did pay us 20 yes twenty dollars. She meet a guy in sept and he moved in 3 weeks later, he went to basic for the army reserves two weeks later. He came home for christmas and the got married. (only know each other 4 months at this time) he is back from basic training

and still does not have a job and she is pregant. She does have a job.

Now with that said, they come over 3-4 times a week

expect us to feed them without helping with food or anything he sits on the couch saying nothing and it depends on the day for stepdaughter how she is.

last night grandson was in a play and stepdaughter went to my husband and told time her husband does not like to come over because he gets annoyed at me i really do not care

if he is annoyed at me or not, but how do i handle this for the grandson? and the poor relationship of my husband and his daughter

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington