SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
helpwiththis

Things were going well

helpwiththis
14 years ago

Up until now I only had one crazy ex to deal with, my dh's ex. She has been laying low for a while and things have been peaceful. So now my ex is going crazy and I am at a loss.

One of the major factors that led to me leaving my ex was his mood swings. He would be on top of the world one minute and the next minute he would be depressed and screaming and a real jerk. He began drinking a lot (and doing drugs I believe) and it made things so much worse. After years of this I left. He stopped and has always been a great dad to our dd. A few years ago he was going through the same mood stuff and his family got him into a psychaitrist who diagnosed him with bipolar. They put him on meds and stuff.

Well he has seemed fine and I guess he is not. I got a call yesterday that he shot himself with a gun! His family thinks it was for attention because it was a flesh wound and not in a spot that your going to shoot if you really want to die (you would probably shoot yourself in the head them). So now he is in the hospital recovering from surgery and after that his family has gotton him committed for a few days to the hospitals psych ward where he will meet with psychaitrists and they will try to get his meds adjusted. His family is hoping he will be kept longer.

My fear is our dd now. She is only 12 and I do not want to tell her about this. But I am scared. I do not want her around him unsupervised now when he gets out. I am having such a hard time with this because I did not see it coming and it scares me for my dd's sake. And I know that when my dd misses a few visits with her dad she will begin asking questions. I will be the bad guy keeping her away. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments (9)