Return to the Stepfamily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little nagging goes a long way :)

Posted by doodleboo (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 9:16

I got home yesterday and every stitch of clothes had been washed and folded. There was a TON. It took him six hours to get it done. He had also gone and gotten some boxes and started packing the decortive stuff.

He said when the girls go back to school monday he is going to go out and put in more applications. He didn't even ASK where the computer was. LOL.

I guess my nagging finally paid off. He isn't a bad guy he just needs to be kicked in the butt from time to time to get him moving....kindof like a cow. I gave him much positive reinforcement to make sure he realized how much him doing things like this alleviate my stress. There was no arguing last night. Maybe he made the connection. Fingers crossed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little nagging goes a long way :)

*fingers crossed*

o

Good! I am so glad for you. Sometimes hubbys need a good old kick in the butt to get them back on track! Even the best hubbys can fall into a lazy streak once in a while.

o

good. glad he got it! sometimes men need to be told what to do.

o

He's not a bad guy....just lazy but ONLY when it comes to doing things he doesn't like. If it's something like yard work or cooking he'll do it all day long!

I guess hinting just doesn't work with him. You have to be direct and to the point. You have to tell him what you wanthim to do. COmplaining about it or making reference to it is pointless.

Once I started giving out direct orders he started getting on it. I was just worried I'd look like Wifezilla if I started barking orders left and right but it would appear that's what gets him hopping.

o

and we didn't even have to send you the lamp. Nice work, Wifezilla! :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stepfamily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here