SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnygardenerme

Helpful opinions

sunnygardenerme
15 years ago

I could use some helpful opinions. With the Easter holiday coming DH and I made plans to attend my family holiday fun for the weekend. Friday night we will get together with all my siblings and there spouses (couples)to decorate easter eggs for the kids. It is really a way to gather together and socialize. It has been tradition for years. I am not always able to attend since we often spend time with DH's family on Easter Holiday. Last year we were with DH's family so I missed it again. On Saturday we planned to help my elderly parents do some jobs around their home that are to hard for them to do. On Sunday the whole family gets together for Easter dinner.

I was so excited for the first year we get to spend the full weekend with my family and DH was fine with it. We have not seen my family who live 4 hours away for 2 months. We have been with DH's family many times in the last few months and just last weekend. DH's family live an hour away from us.

The exception is that adult SS (24 years old college kid) has not been around due to his choice. Last weekend SS could of came to DH's family get together but chose not to come because he had other things to do. Spring break time he chose to go on a trip and not come by to see us. At Christmas he chose to go on another trip instead of being with DH's whole family.

Well now he wants DH's to be with his family because SS plans to be there now. DH is given the guilt trip from SS's adult sister and from SS. I am sure SS is mad because DH is going to spend time with my family. In my eyes SS has had plenty of changes to spend time with DH but chose others to spend time with.

Well, DH wanted to change the plans when I already had comfirmed everything with my family. After talking he agreed to go with our original plan. But to appease SS DH has offered to buy him a gift of his choosing and take him on some type of trip. WOW, am I sick of this. What do others think of this?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations