SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
newtothis2010

am i being too sensitive?

newtothis2010
14 years ago

i have been seeing a divorced man with a 7 year old child and shares custody with the ex 80/20 (child is home with him 5 days out of 7). the ex never worked and received a very large settlement as part of the divorce. he contacts her with regards to their child together which i understand. but he also offers investment advice to the ex.

recently, the ex has asked to spend an extra day with the child (first time ever in the two years i have known the man) as child and father are going on spring break together (mother has priority but did not take up on wanting to spend child\'s time off with child. the father agrees and decides to drop the child off after his after school activities. instead, i suggested may be it is a good time for the mother to be involved in the child\'s activities. mother agrees, but under the pretense she tags along with the nanny who does the shuttling. why can\'t a grown woman take a child from point a to point b without the help of a nanny which the father employs? to add more drama to this, father agrees to provide nanny help on the days when the child is with the mother? and the mother does not work?

am i too sensitive or is the dad crossing boundary with respect to fostering a new relationship while keeping his old one alive?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County