SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Consequences......

incognitomom
13 years ago

Well BM actually showed up to a school function for my younger sd. FIRST TIME EVER that she showed up to anything for one of the kids. And honestly I think it was out of guilt because the girls have both been refusing to talk to bm because they are seeing through all her lies. We have lived in the same school district for years and she had to call me to get directions to the school because she did not even know the name to look them up herself.

Anyways while we were there she sat next to me (dh was at work). Older sd did not attend and younger sd was sitting with friends waiting for her part. SS was the only one sitting with us.

Well ss's good friend was also there with his mom because he has older siblings at the school too that were involved in the function. His friend was new to our district this year and I have only met the dad. The mom works after school hours and a lot of weekends, so its always the dad, dh and I coordinating stuff fo the kids to do together.

So the mom came right up to me with her son (who pointed at me and said "thats ____'s(stepson) mom". She then said "our boys have become such good friends and I have really been looking forward to meeting _____ (stepson)'s mom. It is so nice to finally meet you".

We talked for a few minutes and I did not introduce bm to her even though bm was right next to me the whole time and was just staring at us.

In my mind I am the "mom". I just kind of felt like she is getting natural consequences for her actions. She has made herself pretty much nonexistant in the kids lives and now has to deal with what happens because of it.

I am sure it hurt her feelings. But in a way I felt like that was a good thing because of all the times she has hurt my stepkids. KWIM?

Maybe I am just really evil....but I am glad her actions are finally starting to come back to bite her. Between the girls still not giving her the time of day and now this she has to be feeling the repricussions of her actions a bit (even if it is only the embarassment factor of them).

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio