SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wordsmith2020

The Not-So Brady Bunch

wordsmith2020
11 years ago

My fiance and I recently sold my home and we moved into his. ÃÂ I have two children who spend the majority of time with us. ÃÂ My kids look up to my fiance and try hard to be nice to him. ÃÂ My fiance is in law enforcement, meaning long shifts and a horrible commute so when he is on a stretch he can get tired, understandable. ÃÂ My son looks up to him as he has always wanted to do what my fiance does when he grows up. ÃÂ My children are 6 and 8.He has one child, who he has very limited access to. ÃÂ We are in a brutal custody battle which adda stress. ÃÂ He misses his son. ÃÂ His ex continues to use his son as a pawn.My fiance had a large debt due to the marital breakdown and had to file a consumer proposal. ÃÂ He can no longer get credit and his cash flow is so tight that bills are in arrears and he cannot afford hos expenses with child support and spousal support. ÃÂ His ex is trying to get more money from him, despite making a sizeable income of her own. ÃÂ She isn't struggling with money.My fiance is under a huge amount of stress. ÃÂ He can be irritable and moody. ÃÂ I do my best to support him eomotionally and I pay for legal fees, car repairs and give him money whe ÃÂ he needs it.We had a big fight this week and he confessed that my kids frustrate him. ÃÂ They are well behaved and try hard to please him. ÃÂ Having them around reminds him that he can't have his son and makes him resentful.His mom doesn't accept me and caters to his ex out of fear she will deny her access to my fiances so ÃÂ too.He can't afford the house on his own and I have just uprooted my children into the new home.I love my fiance, despite his difficult situation. ÃÂ I want things to get better.ÃÂ I don't know if I am doing the right thing staying here. ÃÂ Kids are always first, but they love it here. ÃÂ I don't want them thinking my fiance doesn't like them. ÃÂ They are good kids and behave well.Advice?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations