SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txnursingqt

What if you disagree about movies allowed?

txnursingqt
14 years ago

So my DH asked me for my opinion and I wanted to see what others think. What do you do if the BM and BF disagree on what movies their child is allowed to see?

For example my SS is allowed at his BM house to play any video game he wants, you know the Grand Theft Autos, and etc. He is now 10 almost 11. He has watched quite a few movies I don't necessarily agree with and is also allowed to watch Family Guy.

Well one weekend he wanted to take home our dvd of Constantine and my DH told him that he would have to ask the BM first. She said no that he is not allowed to see the movie. When I dropped him home later that day the step-father commented to me that they are not demon loving, devil worshipers and that SS is not allowed to see the movie. I guess implying that DH and I are, lol.

So my DH was asking me if I thought he should allow him to watch it at our house. My SS has watched way worse and personally I don't think it would be that bad. I know he plays video games that I would never allow my child to play but that is between his BM and him. I say that because I just think he already sees stuff and plays games that worse than Constantine.

My SS is very curious and likes to talk about deep philosophical topics. One of his favorite movie series is the Matrix, just like my DH, so I know he takes after him. Anyway Constantine has some religious themes and I am sure he would like to discuss them with his dad.

So do you have rules at your house that are different from rules at their other home? If DH allows his son to watch the movie at our house and son goes home telling his BM is it appropriate for DH to tell BM well we allow him to watch it our house?

Some of you may know we are new to this situation and I am looking to your opinions and how you handle disagreements like these. Even if you don't agree with my DH about letting him see the movie, I would still be curious how you work out what a child is allowed to do if the parents disagree?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company