SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
incognitomom_gw

Annoyed with SD 'forgetting' things

incognitomom
13 years ago

Let me start off by saying my sd does not seem to pay attention to anything she needs to do! She is in activities and even though she is middle school age I have to follow up and find out when all her events, practices, etc are because she gets it all mixed up or forgets. Last year she missed a band contest because she never told us about the date or gave us any of the papers her teacher gave us. The day before she told us and we had a wedding to go to. We had no way to get sd to this contest and she was freaking out. We said oh well....you should be more responsible if you want to be in activities.

She is great about doing homework for the most part, but when it comes to everything else she forgets. Last week her team was supposed to have a team party and everyone could bring treats. She tells me the night before at bedtime. I said she should have told us earlier, its too late now she will have to go without treats. She whined to dh the next morning on the way to school and he stopped at the store and bought treats. When he mentioned it to me I told him what I had already said to her and he was angry and talked to her about it when she got home.

Last week she asked us if she could go to the mall shopping for a dress for this upcoming dance. The dance is not for her grade though and she told us that they are letting students in her grade attend. We said when she brings us home a note from school that says students in her grade may attend we will think about it. She got upset, but we are not buying anything for a dance she might not even be allowed to attend. She has yet to bring this note home and I have a feeling it will be the night before the dance when she does.

Tonight at bedtime she tells me that she needs to bring in food for a class tomorrow. I ask what kind of food and she says anything?!? I said well I am not sending "anything" for some class that you can't tell me what the food is for. Then she says they are doing some man vs. food contest?? and that she can bring in peanut butter and celery. Ok we have that, but not enough for her whole class! So I told her she should have told us when she found out about this food thing...not at bedtime. So she says she will be the only one without food and I said then she can tell them she forgot to tell her parents anything about it till the last minute and that is why.

Now I feel the need to leave my husband a note about it in the mornig so she does not try to con him into getting it for her. I am so tired of this last minute stuff that she just expects us to run out for. Am I being too hard on her?

Comments (6)