SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_2_5

I'm a crazy BM (sometimes)

mom_of_2.5
15 years ago

I was reading a post a SM wrote complaining about BM, and that they suspect BM has a mood disorder.

Not to take anything away from that situation, I'm sure it's horrible, it sounds very frustrating. I just couldn't help but notice my reflection in the complaint I read often of BM. I had to chuckle a little inside. I bet my kids' SM's say similar things about me. I have snapped at them a few times, I have denied the rights to my children from time to time, and reminded my two ex's that "I didn't make babies or bills with her, my business is with you, and she can butt out!" Sometimes, I'm sure, my mood at the time making me a bit irrational. I have allowed SM to transport kids when it is convenient for me, and denied her the very next weekend because she sprung it on DD at the last minute. It wouldn't have hurt anything to let her pick her up. That was just me making sure everyone knew I'm in charge!

Because this moment of clarity is not likely to extend beyond this post and I'm not likely to apologize to my own SM's...I will apologize to all you SM's here.

Us BM's can be irrational, inconsistent, and sometimes just plain B#thchy.

Comments (4)