SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_2_5

how would you handle?

mom_of_2.5
15 years ago

My DH and his EX are VERY new to communicating about their son. Usually she pretends life at her house is perfect. So, when she called to make us aware that SS9 is not be on or near a computer for 6 weeks we were agreeable and it's not hard to cooperate on this one since we rarely let him on the computer anyway. Seems he was playing games online, and got to a point where he needed to purchase more whatever for the game, so he got his mothers credit card and made the purchase. Personally, I wonder why he is online, unsupervised long enough for all this to happen, but whatever.

So we have SS this weekend and it's snowing. So the kids aren't bored out of their minds I have DH drop them at the library near my work (with my DD 13 1/2) they had an hour to look at books, and I would pick the up when I got off work. So, I walk in and there he is on the computer! I ask my DD and he'd been on the computer the entire time. She had no idea he was grounded and DH forgot the library even had computers. Never crossed his mind he might go in and hop online.

I asked SS "what ya doin?" in a happy, glad to see you tone and he closed all the windows and said he didn't know how he got on the computer or what happend. sheesh. So, he knows he was doin wrong. So, I shared with his Dad the situation and 3 hours later he hasn't said a word to him. I'm about to go rent movies and can't help but feel this "offense" is going unresponded to. Ayone else think the more time goes by he's "getting away with it" in his mind? Do I ask DH if he plans to do anything about it? Should there be a consequence? I'm really confused. Is he supposed to be in trouble here or at his moms?

Comments (3)