SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sminnj

School Attendance and Grades......

sminnj
15 years ago

So my SD8 has missed 12.5 of the allowed 20 days so far this year. She also has 8 tardies. 8 of thoes missed days are just in the last 2 months. Mostly Tues. or Mon.

She has an agenda book that the homework is written in everyday and a parent has to initial that it was done. On Wed. when we get her and ask her about the missing homework on Mon. or Tues she just says that she forgot to write it down but it got done.

Then a phone call from the teacher comes(BM changed her # again and did not give to the school). SD actually missed all of thoes days of school. When my DH asked her about it she said that she missed the days because "she could not get ready fast enough in the morning for her Mom to take her to school and still be on time for work". So she got dropped off at the babysitters with her younger sister. Nevermind that you pass the school on the way to work from the babysitter. (ugh!) So anyway she was told that if she told her Dad that she didn't go to school that she would get in trouble by him for being a pain in the morning.

Can you believe it! I finally had to ask the school for the most recent report card becuase we never got one. Her grades slipped from high A's to high C's in 2 of her classes in just one semester. :/

In social studies there is never any homework. Just to use the study guide. She never does it and her mom never checks her homework. That was one class that grades slipped. SD does not see "studying" as actual homework. She sees it as optional. And her mom doesnt enforce it.

I told hubby he should call case worker b/c even though he is not custodial he can still be brought into court for truancy. 3 more months of school and at this rate she'll be held back a year for tardiness!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm