SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
byebyemind

Getting on my nerves and I do not know why

byebyemind
15 years ago

I feel so angery lately. My sd has just been getting on my nerves. She looks and acts just like her mother whom I despise. I try to keep the two seperate but lately I feel it is getting harder. BM plays favorites with her kids. SD plays favorites with her sibling and many times treats my child unkindly. When my child is not around she plays with her sibling and is wonderful. When my child is around she always wants to play by herslef. Yesterday my child was at a friends and I was at the grocery store with my stepkids and they were so wonderful together laughing and behaving. When my child is there they do not act like that. SD climbs back in her shell and wants to be left alone. Often I catch her ignoring my child when he even talks to her. She pretends not to hear him till I say something and then she acts innocent.

I just want to scream at her sometimes but instead I try to keep my cool and say little. I tell my dh how I feel and he just does not seem to see it.

I feel like my child is on the outside of this little group. And I find myself not liking my sd because of it. What can I do to get these feelings to go away? I feel like such a horrible person for feeling this way. Being a blended family is so much harder than I ever thought it would be.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH