SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mom_of_4

beyond frustrated

mom_of_4
13 years ago

I posted a couple of weeks ago about my two stepsons and their issues with school (lieing about school work, failing because of it, just plain not doing their work) Well, we are down to the last week of the nine weeks, basically their last chance to really work their butts off to bring up their grades. I gave them a big speech last week about this being their last chance and what they needed to do this weekend to be prepared and make sure that they did well on their tests this week so that they can bring their grades up. But, ofcourse they were at their BMs house this weekend and did nothing except play video games. Oldest ss didnt even bring his stuff home to do anything and BMs repsonse... oh dont do it again. But then was okay with them sitting around playing video games. They know they are in trouble for their actions and know darn well that they arent supposed to be playing video games or watching tv... but they go over there and do whatever they want and BM is apparently fine with that. I am so sick of it! She wants to cry and be upset and say "I dont understand why they are doing this" But, there are no consequences at her house ... no frickin wonder they dont care, she doesnt. I am at the end of my rope. I am sick and tired of spending all week and weekend making sure that they are doing everything that they are supposed to be doing and basically having to stand over them to make sure it gets done just so that they can dance on over to ol moms house and do whatever they feel like. It is ridiculous. I dont know what to do anymore. I basically told them this morning that they proved once again that we cant trust them and they knew what they were doing was wrong but chose to do it anyways and that is not okay. But, I dont think it really matters what we say because next week it will be the same thing all over again... go to moms... dont do work... play video games... no consequences. I am so sick of it... I am sick of them ignoring what we say and doing whatever and I am sick of BM not giving a care. It is impossible to fight against.

Comments (5)