SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_maria

Has anyone here, ever gotten this line????

organic_maria
15 years ago

Bm in my case last year told sd she will have to live with her until 18 years of age and then after she can go live with her dad?

I dont know about you but i clearly told my hubby that i know he loves his daughter but i will not have her moving in with us at the age of 18.

why? because i would feel used why?

1. Bm tells her ot go because gov checks stop at 18.

2. she's an adult so instead of dealing with her she'll shlep her off to us???

i know you can still claim someone as dependant while they aer in school but why the heck would you tell your own daughter this? only after 18???

I dont want her at 18. If she didn't want to live with her dad at an earlier age i see no reason at this young adult age she should make herself at home while these years she doens't concider us as family. ANd i have accepted that i am not family to her.

We are both ok with one another. But i know living with her would be difficult because she would fight with her father. Like a cat and dog! ANd i like a peaceful house so i have already spoken with hubby about it.

He thinks it wont happen but what if it does? I know as afather i would not want to turn out my own daughter but they fight when she stays longer weekends and i see it.

We've spoken several times and i've said no. He can help her with an apartment but she will not live with us. She hasn't been raised with our values. She's been raised with her mother values...and it shows.

ANy thoughts?

Comments (7)