SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momof5angels

How do you deal with constant illnesses?

momof5angels
15 years ago

This week has been difficult...I've been very sick, behind on my work and my husband had to fly out of state and was gone for several days...The "usual" things that kind of get on my nerves totally drove me insane.

My 3 stepchildren are "sick" every day...they have been "sick" for years...Fact is, they aren't really sick...Headaches, stomachaches, dry skin, rashes (where there are no rashes to be seen), sore throats, earaches, so forth and so on...It's always something. They have no tolerance for pain at all and all of them request pills or syrups every day and have since I met them almost 5 years ago. Two of the 3 literally get off of the school bus everyday and come straight to my office asking for pills for different ailments...ailments for which there are no obvious symptoms...I've taken them to doctors who could find nothing wrong...and I've had it...In the last 3 days all 3 of my stepchildren have had incredible fake or self inflicted illnesses...Yesterday my SS11 missed the bus because he claimed his legs were paralyzed and he couldn't get out of bed...He was rubbing his legs blaming his paralyzation on a sore throat he has been claiming to have for a week now. DH came through and told him to get up and get ready for school right that minute. The paralyzation disappeared and he could suddenly walk again. It was a miracle, I tell you. I'm at the end of my rope here...

How does a person deal with CONSTANT illnesses? I mean, it's daily...seriously it's every day...I'm to a point where I just want to say "Stop lying!" But it could be a "boy who cried wolf" moment...What if I say that and they are genuinely sick?

Comments (14)