SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovehadley

Totally OT--regarding house-sitters

lovehadley
14 years ago

We are going on vacation this spring and will be gone for a week. (Well, DH and SS will be gone for a week, DD and I are staying on longer with my family.)

We were going to board the dog and pay my friend $30 to drop in every other day and feed the cat, scoop the litter, etc.

BUT...I talked with the kennel today and by the time I'd reserved a cage, and upgraded for daily playtime, and a daily walk...it is going to be over $250 to board her.

DH & I were taling and he suggested asking my cousin to housesit/petsit. She has babysat for us in the past, and the kids love her. Not that she'd be babysitting this time, but my point is, we really trust her. She is 23, has a 3 year old, and is really responsible--works full time, and she's a junior in college. Non-smoker, non-drinker.

So--how much do you think we should offer to pay her? It would only be 6 nights that we'd need her to actually stay at our house. She lives at home with her parents and I gotta believe that it might be a "break" for her to be at our house.

I was thinking we'd offer $100 for the week...is that too little, though? I know our house is closer to her work than her house, but she might have to drive out of her way to take her son to his preschool. So I guess gas would be a consideration.

Comments (11)