SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lamom_gw

Negative event, silver lining with SD36

lamom
14 years ago

I posted last week that SD36' job was at risk due to contract problems with her firm and major client due to no fault of her own. I suggested and both agreed, that if SD loses her job today, this week that she goes to work with DH. They are both happy with this idea, he needs the help and she need the work so I'm happy.

The most positive part of this negative event is that since I listened without a whole lot of judgement to SD36's professional woes, mostly because I've experienced them myself and DH, self-employed for 25 years and BM, a nurse for one hospital almost as long, have never lived any of this, SD is sharing with me!!! I know you know how major this is! . They, DH and BM, couldn't stop talking about what she was losing on salary etc like it was her fault. They were very young parents so for SD to stumble after years of acheivement reflects on them they think. Durr, read a newspaper. So SD36 is relieved by little old Me who has been there. BY ME, the formerly evil SM. I'm not happy at all that her job is at risk but it looks like she's got something else lined up already, YAY. But that I was the ONLY one who didn't come at her judgementally including DH and BM and in fact, am the only one who has been in her position for real and listened without throwing in her face how much she was losing in salary, perks and so on since I have been there personally and it has been a good thing for our relationship. If her new job doesn't land, she'll work for DH, my idea, for a bit. If her new job through contacts does land, she's using my references to land it. I am glad to do it for her.

Is that an evil stepmom? Dad's kid vs. Mom's kid's? It just all depends on the individuals!!!!!!!

Comments (10)